Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh my lonely blog! I've returned!

Chewey loves it here... in the apartment. He saw a cockroach on the porch tonight. That is about as exciting as his life gets, but he doesn't mind. He sleeps a lot.

Ryan is killing it at school! He's got finals in a couple of weeks, and studies so hard. He's nearly perfect on keeping his anxiety in control; it's one of my favorite things about him. Never comes home in a bad mood, never takes anything out on me. I admire that trait of his so much! His hair is growing out into the cute curly hair shag. And he made the best spicy meatballs for my spaghetti last night! Mm-mmm!

We have been together for four years now. Started dating/courting mid-April 2007. What an awesome, crazy, insane, fabulous, hilarious, ridiculous, incredulous adventure it's been with him!

And I find that I am quite happy here. Quite, quite, quite!!

I've created a FB page of my fitness business in Grenada. It is called StrongJourney. (Keeping your body strong/getting it stronger on this journey on the island. Cheesy, I know.) I hope to expand my work with training individuals/ group exercise/ running groups/ yoga classes with the page. I train a girl named Sarah (she calls it Bridal Bootcamp), run with a girl named Allison, teach yoga to a girl named Lexi, and get my rear kicked with Jon and his Navy-inspired bootcamp exercises.

I bought a second-hand food processor yesterday, and I made the best hummus and pita chips in the world this evening!! So proud of myself! Lol, this is why I've never had superficial self-esteem issues: I learned how to puff up my own head on seriously pathetic stuff! Yes, I know I'm pretty absurd, but at least I know it, right? Ryan once told me that he read that people who had clinical depression tended to truly have a more realistic outlook on life... Well, that counts me out!

Today I finally went swimming, like with goggles, in the ocean. And you know what?
  • The water got in my mouth about 2 strokes in--SO UNBELIEVABLY NASTY! I couldn't get rid of the 6-bags-of-potato-chips-gone-stale taste in my mouth until the second time I brushed my teeth when I got home. It would've been better if I'd brought a bottle of water with me and could rinse my mouth out. So I'll do that next time!
  • Goggles=knowledge=scary. It was scary because the 4:00 sun was still bright enough to shine down to the ocean floor. Holy cow, I realized that I like not knowing how deep it could be to the bottom and what could be swimming underneath me. I thought I saw a huge octopus for a split, splashy second, but it was only some moss on a huge rock. Jess, just don't look down. More proof of how weird I am: I'm not afraid to look down from heights that with gravity's help could overcome me and I'd die (think Angel's Landing). I'm uneasy of looking down into something that I can't fall down into. The irony confuses me...
  • Good points:
    • My bikini bottoms didn't get untied and sink down into the abyss and I'd have to climb out onto the public beach. Sorry folks, no Stupid American Woman Tush-Baring this time!
    • No huge octopus
    • No drowning or breathing problems at all
    • No one is interested in a pair of unattended flip-flops and beach towel
    • Even if I did look like a blundering idiot, I'm a lone, foreign white girl. People looking at me seemed to have little or no expectations of me!
And okay!! Okay, I admit it! You got it out of me...  I currently have a secret passion for vampire smut entertainment. I'm currently watching both first season of True Blood and both US and UK versions of Being Human. Oh, the gluttony is indescribable! And my friend Allison gave me pdf files for the books Sookie Stockhouse (the books True Blood is based on) and the Anita Blake vampire series.

Well, I can only go running and swimming and make hummus so much! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Jess! You are one funny girl. I love your blog and your awesome Granada (umm probably spelled that wrong)life. Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete