Monday, March 7, 2011

Be grateful...

Every once in a while, Ryan and I have time to watch an episode of the TV show "House." (It's about this fabulous diagnostician who is also a jerk and saves people's lives. Pretty good, you should look into it!) Roughly every episode I've seen has a patient who has all these weird symptoms and House has to figure their problems out before they die.

And it makes me extremely grateful for my health. My parents gave me fabulous genes, and luckily I came out of my mom okay. (Ryan's shown me really crazy pictures of new infants with their deformities.) I'm also lucky that I haven't caught any dangerous disease or experienced some horrendous accident.

And how damn lucky are we spoiled, rich Americans to be entitled to pain killers and anesthetics during the times we DO need to be fixed?

Sigh, it's a reason why I exercise everyday--because I can!! And I eat well--because I can and the food is available.

Like I said, damn lucky am I...

No comments:

Post a Comment