Monday, May 2, 2011

A Dead-Looking Shih Tzu, Yoga Classes, & Benefits of Having Another Human Body in the House

LEGAL!!! I figure that the perfect celebration for a renewed visa is a picture taken by the broken lion water fountain! Krystal did it too! Now it's a tradition!

He looks dead, doesn't he?


My visa was extended til May 19th, which is kind of a random date. Welcome to Grenada--where you don't often get your desired results and it never makes sense. I went to the End of Term SGU Sale (a big yard sale for leaving students) and I bought a bunch of kitchen stuff! So excited: cheese grater, 9x13 glass pan, muffin pan, and even a vacuum for $40 EC (roughly $15 US) for our rug. And I bought a salad spinner that I dropped and broke 20 seconds into my ownership. Sigh. So annoying.

Ryan's still pluggin' along! He can manage studying for finals for freakin' medical school and deal with me; pretty admirable! He even did some dishes yesterday; it's now not an uncommon thing for him to do. He's so great. But you know how he can be a bit weird-plus-goofy sometimes? (Okay, lots of the time! And I love it!) :-)  He has now incorporated medical school into it. I'm watching my vampire smut TV show on our bed like a normal person, and he enters the room, flips me over onto my back and lifts my left leg up ("Ooo! Marital fun?"). He starts massaging the back of my knee. I wait about 30 seconds, thinking "Nothing's happening!" Then I realize the massage is not really a massage: his expression is distant and he's muttering to himself. I look at his hands underneath my knee... "Are you studying anatomy on me???" I shriek incredulously. Not missing a beat, he responds "Yes."  I exhale vehemently, and he tilts his head, puzzled, and responds: "Well, we're married! I don't need to ask permission!"  Lol!! :-)  I guess being the spouse of a medical student, I had it coming. Ryan continued by trying to curl his fingers underneath my rib cage... ("I can feel your liver!") *eye roll*   This is why he cannot be an OBGYN...

In the next couple of weeks, the Fountain of Youth Yoga Center owner, Mithsouka (Meeth-SOO-kuh) is having me take over:
  • 2 kids yoga classes
  • a Power Vinyasa
  • an advanced 90 minute
  • Saturday morning's yoga class at La Source Hotel
I'm so excited and nervous!! :-) That's 5 classes a week! The kids yoga classes, as far as I'm concerned, is mostly baby-sitting and playtime (great!), but they're only 45 minutes long, and money is money. I've already taught the hotel's classes, so no biggie. The Power Vinyasa class is similar to my basic practice, so nothing too intense. The 90 minute class, though... Holy Explicative!! Absolutely the most difficult yoga class I've ever, ever had! A little bit did have to do with my hard work-out the evening before, but not much. I've never needed to go into Child's Pose* that many times before! I rarely have to do that; it was quite the ego bruise! And I was quite sore the rest of the day.
 
*Child's pose is a nice recovery that you take in the middle of practice if you're too tired  

No comments:

Post a Comment