Friday, May 13, 2011

RYAN'S DONE!! (And yay for a new blog look!)

End of Term One for Ryan!! Wah-Hooooooooo!!! Tonight, we went out for sushi and now he's getting lost in his computer games. He studied yesterday until he went to bed at 2, then woke up at 5 to begin again. (Yuck!) But the Pringle Fairy dropped him off some chips when he got back from his last final.

And I baked banana bread, quiche, homemade popcorn, chocolate chip cookies, and pancakes. That's how I cope--by baking the crap outta everything, ha ha. (Well, usually I clean like a psycho, but I'd already done that twice earlier this week, so...)

Other exciting news: (This is also a way to show you how unexciting life can get here.)

  • I got my hands on a GPS running watch charger, so I charged up the watch and off I went! Super fun.
  • I am reminded everyday how glad I am NOT to be a medical student this week.
  • The bus driver who drives like a bat-outta-hell is back on our route.
  • Ryan's hair is SO ADORABLE! I love his curly Caribbean hair.
  • I made some incredible low-fat blueberry bran muffins & I'm the queen of amazing smoothies
  • Chewey works hard all day: 12-hour night's sleep, bano-then-scratch, morning nap, afternoon nap, etc.
  • The tiny lizard returned! (picture above and to scale) I took him outside.
  • The girl I'm training is doing so, so awesome! So proud of her!
  • I taught the kids' yoga classes, which were not as insane as I was anticipating, but I did have to Skype my mom and ask her how she dealt with me.
  • Woman breastfeeding outside the grocery store. No cover. Great breasts though, and at least the child was an infant... (Not like the 4-yr-old running up to Momma for some IN the grocery store I saw last month.)
  • Ryan still continues to make me laugh everyday... For example:
    • He grabbed one of his books off the kitchen table and said, "You need to read this book so we can find out what's wrong with you!" I looked at the title: "Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects."
I'll have to take pictures of my fitness/yoga stuff; I'm super thrilled about it! And even my food that I make... (Seriously, what's better than pictures of food? Well, besides real food that you can eat!)
My private student in savasana
I know it sounds like my life is such a simple and shallow mockery to my med student and the rest of the hard-working world, (and perhaps it is) but I really am happy here. I've made some great friends, and I am refining my homemaking skills and reaching my personal goals and career goals. (It doesn't feel like work!) (Well, dishes and laundry still feels like work.)

Love you guys! Namaste! (The light in me honors and bows to the light in you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment