Sunday, June 19, 2011

May 25--another adventure with Doug & Mai


On the 25th of May, we went on a relaxing boat ride to Flamingo Bay (one bay up from Dragon Bay where we went scuba diving with friends). It took over an hour to get there--not a problem. 


Then we experienced the best snorkeling ever! (Of course, life jackets were optional, haha.) Our guide was pretty funny--every time he wanted our attention, he'd yell, "HELLO, HELLO." We saw squid, pretty eels, beaky & bright-colored fish, schools of jack, and I saw an octopus! Surreal. Then we went to another location of an underwater sculpture park. 
Because of the scuba experience days ago, my snorkeling/equalizing really improved. I was keeping up with Ryan pretty well! I wish I had pictures of the fish, but here's a link of the Underwater Sculptures. (click Grenada under the gallery tab.) Next to the bicycle sculpture was a giant sting ray! So amazing, I'll never forget that...

Later that night, Ryan made some incredible bananas foster for dessert using ripe rock figs (a species of banana here), the molasses-smelling brown sugar, and local dark rum. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment