Sunday, June 26, 2011

"This is Grenada"

I discovered a Web site of a conglomeration of people's entertaining experiences on this island. It's called "This is Grenada" or "TIG." Here are some of mine from the past couple of weeks:

  • I went on an early-morning run on Friday---I passed a 24" long and skinny snake on the sidewalk. On the way back, he was dead. He is still there. TIG.
  • We finally bought another pair of sheets! Now we have two! It's low quality and very scratchy, and they cost $120 EC. Grimace. TIG.
  • I woke up with a mosquito bite underneath each of my twins, two on each of my glutes, and one on my inner thigh. (Like, my inner inner thigh.) Sexual molestation is apparently not below the bugs. TIG.
  • My friend Allison and I went to the markets on Friday, and we had to tell several men that we were married and that she was Kia and I was Lindsey. One guy even asked if we'd buy him a plane ticket as we walked away. TIG.
    • Last Friday, she and I got fought over with some bus drivers. ("They're coming on my bus!") One guy even put his hand on my shoulder while he was yelling at the other guy. We told them we were going to walk instead. They immediately quieted, jumped in their buses and took off. TIG.
A cocoa tree

View of St. George's city

No comments:

Post a Comment