Friday, July 8, 2011

Heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens....

First of all, who does major electrical work on a Friday afternoon during rainy season? Grenada does!!

Last Friday evening, by the time the electrical workers were at all the bars and 4-5 drinks in, our power went out for the 4th time. Sigh, our freezer and fridge contents were not doing well. I took a permanent marker from my friends' apartment that I'm watching (while they're visiting home) to make me feel better. (Think Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: "I'm taking this love fern with me!")

Humph. So there Grenada! If you're gonna take my electricity away, I'm taking this permanent marker!!

Although the rainy season is upon us, our power is doing SO much better, and today we've actually had the windows open all day. We've never done that before! That's how cool it's been today. :-)

Good news! My personal training certification books 'n' stuff came this week! So excited! Studies are going so far, so good, could be better... I'll do better when every day is no longer a Saturday morning for Ryan, ha ha.

My yoga boss, Mithsouka (a Haitian woman who married a Grenadian man) is going on vacation for a week or so, so that means that I'm taking over! Yikes! On a few days I'll be teaching three classes! I've never done that before; I'm kind of nervous. I hope I don't suck, haha.

Chewey interrupted my yoga...




This is how Ryan stacked the dishes once. Probably my favorite picture ever.

The local name for this stick bug is god horse.


I know it's not a great pic, but can you see the reptilian peeping tom on my shower window?

No comments:

Post a Comment