Monday, July 11, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane; Surely Make You Lose Your Mind...

"By the way, Jess, you'll need to get your driver's license so you can drive my car for the week I'll be gone."

Huh?

Yes, Mithsouka the Yoga Boss has lent me her car. She asked if I had a driver's license from the States, and that's all. She didn't ask if I ever went to court-ordered anger management classes for reckless driving, she didn't ask if I was a good driver, she didn't ask if I felt comfortable driving on the left side of the road with the driver's seat on the right side of the car, she didn't ask if I've ever been in or caused a car accident...

"I'll drop my car off at your place [Sunday] night; see you then!" When she shows up, she tells me to get in the car.

Huh?

"Where are we going?"

"You're going to take me home."

WHAM.

Actress face: "Ok."

Luckily it's pitch dark with hardly any cars out. But I'm just like my mom! The whole way home I pepped myself: "Okay! This is fine! You're just fine! You can drive; you can do this. This is fine. Stay on the left. You're fine. Stop at the red light. You're fine..."

No dinged cars or dead bodies so far...   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment