Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Mystery of Junk Mail...

I have much time on my hands here in Grenada.

(I know this the first time all of you have learned this.)

With this time, I've tried to master areas of fitness, yoga-teaching, nutrition, and homemaking. There is also plenty of time for long, drawn-out conversations about ethics, philosophy, politics, law, and religion with spouse, friends, and acquaintances.

But right now, my pondering turn to my Spam or Junk Mail.

There is something, I wonder, about my Internet identity. I seem to be recieving mail from:
  • Wen Hair Care: "What Wen formula are you?"
  • Local Hookup: "You have been invited to hook up for sex"
  • The Scooter Store: "Looking for a Power Chair or scooter?"
  • Men's Health: "Get 6-pack Abs by December!"
I'm 25 and healthy, so I don't need aid in mobility. I don't even know what Wen is; and admittedly, I love Men's Health magazine, so getting spam from them is not horrible. I am indeed invited every day to hook up for sex, but the invitations are from someone whose underwear I wash and enjoys fireworks.

This garbage must be very easy to send. And it must be profitable.

Weird. I guess "there's a sucker born every minute."

No comments:

Post a Comment