Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Here I stand head in hand, Turn my face to the wall..."

A recent MSNBC article entitled Docs warn about teens and Facebook depression  revealed that because of the censored profiles portrayed on the online site, some teens may feel like their real lives don't measure up to their peers

I bet blogs do that as well. Although I wish I were a little more snarky in my writing and more knowledgeable about computers, I am very proud of my blogs, as well as my maintenance of my Facebook profile, pages, and group. However, they are extremely censored. To emphasize reality a little more, and to not fall into the chronic habit of making everything constantly, perfectly fine, here is a short list of the normal-to-wretched things about my everyday life:
  1. Cockroaches got into our uncooked pasta. We cooked and ate it anyway.
  2. I have tan lines that look like I'm two different races of people.
  3. I haven't worn make-up in 3 days... Why bother?
  4. Chewey's damn mites have sprung up again, as well as my allergies. Now I have to deal with the incompetency of the animal "hospital" here.
  5. I'm afraid when we move to the East Coast, most likely NY, I'll get no job, mugged, sworn at by cab drivers... generally viewed all-around as an incompetent Utah girl.
  6. I've re-watched the Harry Potter movies one at a time before I go to bed. Ryan is either immersed in his schooling or his digital galaxy.
  7. This high-backed rock-hard dining chair I'm sitting in right now totally sucks.
  8. I held a big yoga class a few weeks ago, thinking big bucks, only to find half of them saying thank you after, and leaving. Donation-based means donate!
  9. My delicious vanilla whey protein powder is all gone. I slurped up the last of it 15 minutes ago.


(Oh crap, my chipperness has kicked in... I can't even think of a 10th one. Massive failure.)

That list is supposed to be sharply amusing, not a warning bell. I'm not any more depressed than your average Cup-Half-Full chap. My life is just normal. In my opinion, it's better than normal. And just because I say it is so great, well, to those of you who know me well, know that my optimism is my main defense mechanism.

Frankly, I don't know how all you cynics manage to get out of bed everyday... At least I have oatmeal & cinnamon to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment